How to Align Your Brand Strategy and Employees

Posted by Matt Bowen

Jul 16, 2014 11:50:00 AM

strategy_hierarchy.png.001A study conducted by Harvard professor Robert Kaplan found that only 5% of employees were aware of or understood their company’s strategy. Even if that number is considerably off, it’s a sad commentary on a company’s ability to achieve its objectives. It also makes you wonder what strategy the other 95% are executing against!

But first, which strategy are we talking about?

Read More

Topics: Brand Strategy, Organization Alignment

A Recipe for Good Branding

Posted by Andrea Drown

May 1, 2014 3:57:00 PM


The funny commercials, bright signs, using kids to advertise, claiming “best” and “all natural”, mini toys, promotions for bargains ($1 for a coffee and a burger anyone?). Why wouldn’t all that seem enticing, especially to a six-year-old. Actually, that might be enticing to many age groups.

Teaching a child what is right or wrong may be difficult for many. Not everyone will agree with this opinion, but eating at a fast food shop two, three or four times a week IS wrong. I get it; I do let my kids eat at McD’s once a year because, well, just because. But after all of the bad press on most of these chains, why would anyone want to eat there, or believe all of the great stuff these companies claim about their products? It’s clever branding for sure and the FDA isn’t telling them they can’t advertise this way, so why would they stop? These fast-food operations aren’t telling the hard truth and some of us don’t realize that the products are just plain old unhealthy. I’m sure you’ve all heard about the pink slime scandal. This disturbing video renowned chef, Jamie Oliver put together shows this process. Nasty, right?!

Read More

Topics: Brand Strategy, Content Development, Social Media, Public Relations, Organization Alignment, Digital

How Boats & Ice Cream Killed Corporate Culture

Posted by Chris Langathianos

Apr 1, 2014 4:55:47 PM

canoeYears ago, I worked for a company that was in a perpetual state of flux. The organization was absurdly conservative, yet fancied itself as a forward-thinking collection of fashion footwear brands.

Read More

Topics: Brand Strategy, Organization Alignment

Five Tips to Engage Your Staff and Boost Organization Alignment with an Internal Communications Platform.

Posted by Brent Martino

Feb 18, 2014 10:00:00 AM

web“Intranet.” I cringe whenever I hear the word. To the people proposing an intranet, it sounds like a great tool to bring employees together and get everyone on the same page. To the users it sounds like another boring, hard-to-use internal system that will very quickly be collecting cobwebs on a company server in the basement. In theory, an intranet should be a great tool. In practice, most users don’t pay much attention to them. The five tips below can help you create an intranet your employees might actually want to use and participate in or better yet one they might actually enjoy.

Read More

Topics: Content Development, Organization Alignment, Digital